|Sums it up, doesn't it?|
Well, now he's apparently trying to claim the problem is a lack of ambulances, because all of a sudden, the City supposedly needs six more ambulances. Here's how the Los Angeles Times put it:
Seeking to bolster public confidence in how the Los Angeles Fire Department responds to emergencies and handles data, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has called on the City Council to dip into budget reserves to pay for six additional rescue ambulances and has announced that he wants to install a nationally recognized expert in statistics to oversee the agency’s accounting of its performance.But before Villaraigosa and the rest of the Spring Street Gang (i.e., Garcetti, Perry, Greuel, Huizar, Cardenas, Alarcon, Zine, emeritus member Beutner, et al.) spend our tax money on six new ambulances, they need to answer one simple question:
Why in the @#$% did you give away 19 ambulances to Mexico and other countries in the past four years if we don't have enough for our own needs?You could not make this up, people. Year after year, Villaraigosa and the rest of the gang have given away our ambulances -- and a bunch of other vehicles, for that matter -- to cities in Mexico, Peru, Lebanon and the Phillippines. Don't take my word for it. You can see for yourself at the City Clerk's contract website: just enter "surplus" in the search field.
Click on the following links, and you will see that Villaraigosa and the horses' you-know-whats in the Horseshoe gave away the following property -- that belonged to you, the taxpayer -- on the following dates:
- 2/25/2008 - Ten "surplus" ambulances to Peru;
- 10/16/2008 - Four "surplus" ambulances to Tlatenango, Zacatecas, Mexico;
- 6/3/2009 - One "surplus" ambulance to the Municipality of Bocaue, Phillipppines;
- 6/11/2009 - Two "surplus" ambulances to Beirut;
- 1/19/2010 - Two "surplus" ambulances to Beirut;
- 3/13/2012 - Three "surplus" diesel trucks to the City of Caborca, Sonora, Mexico;
- 3/28/2008 - Two "surplus" dump trucks and one "surplus" stake bed truck to the City of Mexicali, Baja, California; and
- 1/23/2006 - Two "surplus" refuse collection trucks, one "surplus" dump truck, and one "surplus" motor grader (whatever that is).
Think about it: Villaraigosa -- with the knowledge and approval of the insiders who are running to replace him as Mayor -- has given away 19 ambulances in the past four years, and now claims we are short by six. WTF? The new ambulances need to come out of his salary, along with Garcetti's, Greuel's, Perry's and Zine's.
Yours truly pointed out these boondoggle giveaways back when they were happening.
We've got to stop this kind of insanity if the City is ever going to return to greatness. There is one, and only one way to do that: contribute to the committee to elect Kevin James as our next Mayor. We must have an outsider take control. You can just recycle the same corrupt and feckless career politicians, who vote together 99% of the time, and expect different result.
Invest $25, $50 or $100 in Kevin's campaign today, so you won't have to read about corruption and waste in what should be the greatest city in the world.